Like most other bookworms, great books make their way onto my "things I'm thankful for" list every year. It's hard to choose favorites, especially since I didn’t get a chance to read nearly as many as I would have liked, but here are five books I read in 2015 and am thankful for.
- The Way of Kings, by Brandon Sanderson: I had heard of Brandon Sanderson, but didn’t know anything about his books. I probably never would have read them if I had not seen some of my online friends gushing over them. It’s hard to find good fantasy, and this book, along with book 2, quickly became on of my all time favorites. I am thankful to have a fantasy series that is not only fascinating, but quite clean as far as secular fiction goes.
- Exiles, by R.J. Larson: I was so excited to start R.J. Larson’s new series, and it did not disappoint. One of the things I love most about her books is how well she writes God’s relationship with His people. Her books are not only entertaining, but also very spiritually uplifting.
- Dare, by Tricia Mingerink (which is part of the Black Friday sale!!): You never know what it’s going to be like reading an indie book. Will it be good? Will it be bad? And if you happen to know the author, what in the world do you tell them if you don’t like it?! I had some of these anxieties when I first sat down to read Dare. Oh what a pleasant surprise. The book was fantastic, and I completely fell in love with it. Book 2 is just as good. I love how real Tricia’s characters and their struggles are.
- Siren’s Fury, by Mary Weber: This is a rather dark series, but it’s definitely one that gets you thinking. I very much appreciated the powerful conclusion the main character reached concerning the power of love.
- A Worthy Pursuit, by Karen Witemeyer: Karen Witemeyer is my favorite historical author. I’m always giddy with excitement whenever she has a new book coming out. I’m thankful to have such wonderful stories to look forward to from her.
Every single book listed on Indie Christian Books is on sale in one or more ways. Find discounted paperbacks, dozens of books offered with free shipping, $0.99 ebooks, package deals and more. Even if you have a budget of $0, new reading material awaits you.
Don't know what to pick? The fearless Indie Christian Books team created a quiz that will generate a book list perfect for you! Check it out!
What awesome reads of 2015 are you grateful for? What books are you looking forward to reading in 2016?