Today I’m taking part in Faith Blum’s blog tour for her three new Hymns of the West novellas! Check out the info about each story and then read the fun interview with Faith. And don’t forget to enter the giveaway!
Mom and Dad dead STOP Please come STOP GageWhen his sister dies, leaving him with four children ages 8 and under, Cole Baxter gets desperate. He decides he needs a wife. He writes to a mail order bride before realizing he almost through away the best woman he could have. Approximately 18,000 words
Pass Me NotLet me at Thy throne of mercy/Find a sweet relief/Kneeling there in deep contrition/Help my unbelief Timothy is at his wit's end. His twelve year old half-sister has run off five housekeepers in almost a year. Since their parents died, she has grown wilder than ever. What can he do? As he looks for a new housekeeper, his eye catches sight of a mail order bride advertisement. One young lady has a younger sister and sounds like a God-fearing woman. Could this be the answer to his dilemma or will Louise run her off, too? Approximately 18,000 words
RedeemedMail Order bride seeks wealthy Western man. Write Mona Sommers, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Alexander Granger is tired of his father’s lectures and sermons. It’s time for payback. His plan is to pretend to marry a woman and scandalize his father when he finds out they aren’t really married. Will Mona accept his offer? Can Alex get away with his plan?
Approximately 14,000 words.
1. What was the first story you ever wrote?
Oh my. I don’t remember for sure. The first one I remember is about twins who were really good at throwing Frisbee and competed. They also solved mysteries and solved a mystery while also make it to the national Frisbee competition and meeting the President. It was fun, but I wouldn’t want anyone else reading it right now. :P
What inspired you to start writing?
Writing or getting published. For writing, I just liked to write, so I did. Getting published, I found out about a contest and decided to enter it. I ended up not winning, but it gave me the push to publish them myself.
What is the most interesting experience you’ve had while writing?
Writing a fanfiction story. First because it’s a fantasy which is a genre I have never written in before. Second, it’s a fairy tale retelling. And third, I wrote it for fun rather than to share and publish. I think what was most interesting about it was that I didn’t have to be quite so uptight about how well it was written, but I still tried to write it well.
If you could spend a day with any historical figure, who would it be and what would you like to do?
Kate Warne. She was the first woman to become a Pinkerton Detective. She sounds like a fascinating individual. I would love to have followed her around while she worked on a case.
Do you prefer to write novels or novellas?
Yes. It depends. I like novellas because they are shorter and you can get more written, edited, and published more quickly. But, I like novels because you can get more story and character development in them.
Do you have a special spot where you like to write?
My bedroom. Specifically at my desk. It’s where I do most of my writing. Although, when I’m writing by hand, I can do my writing anywhere and usually prefer laying on my bed.
About the AuthorWebsite | Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Pinterest
Faith is giving away prizes to two people. The first prize winner will receive: ~A paperback of the novel that started the novellas, Amazing Grace (or novel of choice) ~One handpainted bookmark (painted by the author’s sister) ~A silver pen nib bookmark The second prize winner will receive: ~An ebook copy of Amazing Grace (or ebook of choice) ~Two handpainted bookmarks (painted by the author’s sister)
SalesFrom August 24-28 only, I Love Thee will be free! Also on sale during the blog tour are A Mighty Fortress which will be$0.99 from August 23-30 and Be Thou My Vision which will be $0.99 from August 30-September 6.
Tour ScheduleMonday, August 24
- Tour Intro at Writings, Ramblings, and Reflections
- Spotlights and Guest Post at Rebekah Lyn Books – Writing novellas
- Review of Pass Me Not at The Overactive Imagination
- Spotlights at Rise, Write, Shine!
- Spotlights at River of Stones
- Review of Redeemed of Wildflower Acres
- Author Interview at Jaye L. Knight
- Review of Pass Me Not at Hello Precious Bliss
- Review of Pass Me Not and Author Interview at Laura Whiskens
- Spotlight and Character Interview (Rhoda) at Shannon Pemrick
- Spotlights at God’s Peculiar Treasure Rae
- Release Day announcement with excerpt from Amazing Grace at Writings, Ramblings, and Reflections
- Review of Pass Me Not at Melanie Snitker, author
- Author Interview at Marianne Sciucco
- Review of Redeemed at With a Joyful Noise
- Review of I Love Thee at Hello Precious Bliss
- Review of I Love Thee at Laura Whiskens
- Review of Pass Me Not at Wildflower Acres
- Spotlights at Tialla’s Tellings
- Review of I Love Thee and character interview at Flights from the Aerie
- Spotlights and Guest Post at Franky Brown
- Review of Redeemed at Hello Precious Bliss
- Sneak Peeks at Writings, Ramblings, and Reflections
- Reviews of Pass Me Not and I Love Thee at With a Joyful Noise
- Review of Redeemed at Laura Whiskens
- Review of Pass Me Not and Author Interview at Flights from the Aerie
- Spotlights at Samantha Fury Novels
- Blog Tour Wrap-up and Giveaway winners at Writings, Ramblings, and Reflections
Thank you for hosting me today, Jaye!ReplyDelete
Um, I might enjoy the first or last novella the most. :)ReplyDelete
II'll have to check these out! They look really good! :DReplyDelete