I was tagged by Morgan Huneke for the Infinity Dreams Award. I’ve been bad about doing blog tags. They always slip my mind, but I figured I’d sit down and do this one right away. Thanks, Morgan!
Tell us eleven facts about yourself.
2. Despite my author photos, I actually have curly hair. I used to straighten it all the time. Now I just straighten my bangs and pull it back.
3. I have unsuccessfully attempted to learn how to play the piano, guitar, and violin. Music is just not one of my skills.
4. I’ve more or less recently discovered a love for zombie/zombie-like films/TV such as I Am Legend, World War Z, and The Walking Dead. I don’t like zombies, but I LOVE the post-apocolyptic worlds and all the scavenging and survival aspects. Plus such stories are rife with opportunities for character developement and transformation. As a writer, I eat that right up. (No pun intended.)
5. I have a fascination with film prosthetics and makeup, which I believe started when I was really little when my uncle used to make monster masks. TV gore doesn’t really bother me because I’m always thinking things like, I wonder what it took to make that wound look real like that, or I wonder what ingredients that blood is made of. If I wasn’t a writer, I think I’d enjoy being a movie or TV show makeup artist.
6. I’m totally squeamish with real life gore. Just ask my brother (who is a nurse) when he tries to show me one of his medical textbooks. Nope. Not happening.
7. Once, when I was in my teens, my brothers, cousins, and I stayed up until all hours filming a short movie called The Minnesota Chainsaw Massacre. It involved a real running chainsaw, with the blade removed, of course. I was one of the victims.
8. I would really like to dye my hair dark brown/almost black with aqua blue highlights, but I have enough hair issues without potentially damaging it with hair dye.
9. I got to see President George W. Bush in person. My family and I went to a rally during the 2004 election and were standing only about 20 feet from where he was speaking. It was really cool.
10. I have lived in the same house since I was born.
11. Apparently I can hear really well. I have a tendancy to overhear conversations and suddenly join in or answer a question from a completely different room. I think it sometimes freaks out my family.
Answer the eleven questions.
Probably anything that involves fangirling. :) Either that or the release of one of my books. It’s always super fun to get to that point.
Who is your favorite fictional character?
Just one?! Aragorn. Yeah, he’ll always be at the top of my list.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
When people are judgmental. I’ve experienced more than enough of that.
If you could visit one place on earth, and only one, where would you choose?
Again, just one? *sigh* It’d be really hard to choose between a castle in England or somewhere tropical.
What's one movie coming out in 2016 you want to watch?
Captain America: Civil War. I can hardly wait! It’s going to awful and awesome at the same time.
Would you rather time travel to the past or the future? Why?
Probably the past. I have a lot of historical figures I would like to meet and some gorgeous dresses I’d like to wear.
What is your least favorite holiday?
Halloween, I guess. We don’t celebrate it, so I really don’t even think about it that much.
What do you want to be when you "grow up"?
Ha, well, being nearly thirty, I’d say I’m pretty much grown up (that doesn’t mean I always have to like it or act like it ;). But I decided when I was 15/16 that I wanted to be a published author, and I’ve accomplished that. I still want to be a wife, so we’ll see how that goes.
If someone offered you a million dollar inheritance if you would drive twenty bucks (as in deer) across Alaska, would you do it? (I know it sounds weird, stems from a game of Balderdash.)
Can I bring help along? Like, say, a group of my favorite characters? If I could bring Aragorn, Leith (The Blades of Acktar), Kien (Books of the Infinite), Kaladin (The Stormlight Archive), and Will, Halt, Horace, and Gilan from Ranger’s Apprentice, then sure! ;) The only problem is, I’d fall hopelessly in love with Leith, Kien, and Kaladin, and that wouldn’t do. Although . . . Kaladin is single at the moment . . . (Look at me, going on a typical fangirl bunny trail.)
What genre of books do you like best to read?
Fantasy for sure, though I enjoy a good historical romance as well.
Do you prefer movies or TV shows?
That’s a tough one. I think I enjoy them both equally. I have a lot of favorite movies and shows, so I don’t think I could pick between them.
- Use the Infinity Dreams Award picture
- Thank the blogger who tagged you
- Tell us 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions
- Tag 11 bloggers
CAPTAIN AMERICA CIVIL WAR. I can't wait for this movie. o.o I'm also rather nervous and probably going to cry, but. We'll see. :PReplyDelete
Yes! I am totally freaking out!!!Delete
Loved reading your post! :) The Minnesota Chainsaw Massacre. Reminds me of when I was telling my sisters a story that started with a goat that lived in a mailbox and somehow evolved into something about an axe murderer in the closet... I've seen President Bush too, but I don't think I got quite that close. And it was so long ago, I don't remember much. But I've seen so many politicians and elected officials. It's kind of a way of life.ReplyDelete
I'm not at all surprised you picked Aragorn. :) CIVIL WAR!!!! I can't wait! It looks so good.
I saw George W. Bush in 2004, too. On my birthday! But we were in the back of the room. :PReplyDelete
Ditto to facts 9-10. :) Aragorn is awesome but I'm more of an Eomer girl. :PReplyDelete
Oh my goodness, I'm totally with you on #5. While watching The Blacklist or Person of Interest or something, I'm always like, "Hey, I wonder how they made that stab wound look so real with that knife? Is the knife plastic? Does it collapse when it gets to a surface? Does he have a little bag of fake blood under his clothes that explodes?"ReplyDelete
I thought I was the only one.
I'm so bad at doing tags. I have like 5 I need to do. Bad me.
And I never would have guessed that you have curly hair.
"The Minnesota Chainsaw Massacre"...I'd love to see that. XD
This comment has been removed by the author.ReplyDelete